January 6, 1896, sixteen women met in the Library Room of the Town
Hall to form what today is the second oldest ongoing Women’s Club
in Connecticut. For more than 100 years, the Woman’s Club of
Woodbury has supported its town by offering its time and talents.
Through various fundraising efforts, the club annually contributes to
more than 34 charitable and non-profit organizations. These
include/scholarships to Nonnewaug High School students and donations
to the Community Services Council of Woodbury, the Pomperaug River
Watershed Coalition, and shelters for the homeless.
the Woman’s Club of Woodbury began an annual fundraising tradition
that involves more than 100 volunteers: our popular Holiday
On the second Saturday of December, more than 800 visitors are
escorted through a selection of Woodbury’s finest homes.
Woman’s Club of Woodbury welcomes women of all ages to join in
sharing their time and talents to support our town. We meet at 11:30
a.m. on the first Monday of every month from September through April
at the Emergency Services building on Quassuk Road.
Club of Woodbury is a constituent division of the Connecticut State
Federation of Women's Clubs. To find out more about the State
Federation, go toGFWCCT.org.
of the Annual House Tour
year in December we run our Holiday
House Tour to
raise money for local causes. Last year's tour featured five
handsome homes -- most of them vintage older homes -- as well as
a find old one-room schoolhouse that is a Woodbury landmark.
Pictured is the Roderick-Stiles House, an 1812 center-hall
Colonial with many fine original features.